torsdag 20 februari 2014

They see me rolling, to the pub...

As I told you before, we are heading back to Dublin, (since that is where the flight takes off).
We didn’t really know what to do, because this was our last day and we arrived in Dublin sometime in the afternoon, I think it was like 4 o’clock. So there wasn’t really much time to do stuff. Anyways we decided to go to a restaurant and use all opportunity’s to taste all the stuff we could.

We spent a lot of money on a restaurant named Roly’s. Jo took the roast breast of free range Chicken stuffed with Black pudding with colcannon creamed Potato and chicken Jus.
I ate the traditional Kerry lamb pie with roasted parsnips and thyme. I didn’t really like it so I also ordered the char-grilled rib eye of Irish Hereford beef with fondant potato and pepper sauce.
I know, how do I remember all the stuff? I’m a pro you know, no just kidding, I took a photo of the menu.

We were quite full after those dishes so we waited a while, but we were determined to order dessert as well.
After almost one hour of chatting and resting we were finally ready to order some dessert. I took the Chocolate brownie ice cream sundae, jummy, and Jo took Roly’s pie without knowing what was in it… It looked nice however.

We couldn’t leave Ireland without testing some off the pubs. Why? You just can’t!
We went to O'Donoghue's “The Big Daddy of Folk Music” As we are big fans of Folk music, not… I have no idea how we managed to walk after all that food, but we did somehow. The pub got crowded after an hour or so, because there was a live performance by some guys with guitars and accordions. Everyone was cheering and singing along, well trying, while I just sat there looking at them with no emotions what so ever. Jo on the other hand was dancing like a crazy bastard. I tried to pretend I didn’t know him, but he kept talking to me and shouting for me to come dance with him. He was so drunk I had to carry him out to the taxi when he passed out.


The pub thing wasn’t the best idea considering we had to catch the plane at 8 the next morning. All I can say is that it wasn’t a great experience to fly home with a hangover…

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar