lördag 8 februari 2014

Remember how I told you about the National concert hall and so? Today we found some tickets to a concert, last minute luck or something I guess. We didn’t get the best seats but it didn’t matter actually. The concert was awesome, and the sound was heard all over the hall. They played some music I’ve never heard before created by John Field. He was an Irish composer born in Dublin in 1782. He was taught by Muzio Clementi and except being a composer he was also a concert pianist and teacher.

I can’t help myself but laugh some when the musicians get carried away by the music they are playing and start to swing back and forth in their seats. At first it looks hilarious, but when you get used to it, it looks more professional.

The concert lasted for 2 and a half hours and after that we ate some at a pub.
We tried out some beer and they told us about hops flowers used in beer which gives it some of the flavor. I didn’t know it meant so much in the production of beer, but apparently it does. You can use all kind of hops flowers to give it flavor, but I can’t remember all the names, most of them where in Latin like Hopelopus fopelosus… weird language… Can’t they give those flowers a name in English as well? Is it too much to ask? Just kidding


Anyway, we didn’t do much after that. We went shopping in a souvenir store and bought a cup each, one with a print saying I love Dublin and one with a picture of the city. I wanted to by a sweater, but they didn’t look to nice considering the price, so I guess I can wait with that… 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar